EVO ICL, also called an Implantable Collamer® Lens, is a refractive implant used to correct common vision issues like myopia (nearsightedness) with or without astigmatism. Unlike some other vision correction options, the EVO ICL does not involve the removal of any corneal tissue. Similar to adding a lens to a camera, EVO is an additive technology that works together with the natural parts of your eye to improve your vision. The EVO ICL is meant to reduce or eliminate the need for prescription glasses and contacts. While EVO is designed to permanently correct your vision, the lens can be removed by a doctor, if necessary, or to keep pace with advancing technology and your future vision needs.
Only EVO ICL’s proprietary lenses are made of biocompatible Collamer®, a material that works in harmony with the natural chemistry of your eye and body. Collamer® provides UV protection and contains collagen, a naturally occurring protein in the body. EVO is ideal for your eye because of its soft and flexible structure. You won’t even know it’s there, apart from the fact that you have great vision!
The EVO lens and procedure offer many benefits, including:
- Provides clear, sharp vision
- 20 to 30-minute procedure
- Quick recovery time
- Removable by your doctor
- Offers UV protection
- Not visible once in place
- Can treat nearsightedness with or without astigmatism
- For patients who may not be candidates for LASIK or other vision correction procedures due to thin corneas
- Clinically proven to not cause or contribute to dry eye syndrome
- Excellent vision both day and night
For most patients, this quick and safe surgical procedure is virtually painless with numbing drops and typically takes less than 20-30 minutes.
- Pre-Op Eye Exam – Before the day of your EVO procedure, your doctor will perform a series of standard tests to measure your eye’s unique characteristics.
- Eye Drops Administered – When you arrive for your procedure, your doctor will administer eye drops to dilate and numb your eye.
- Small Opening – Your doctor will create a small opening at the edge of your cornea to insert EVO.
- Lens Insertion and Positioning – EVO is folded and inserted through the small opening. Your doctor will make any necessary adjustments to ensure proper positioning in the eye. EVO is not visible to you or others.
- Post Op & Check-up – Many patients notice improved vision nearly immediately and patients typically experience a quick recovery time! Your doctor will provide you with aftercare instructions and further information on the recovery process.
The cost of an EVO ICL procedure can vary depending on your personalized treatment plan. Many EVO ICL patients look forward to spending less in the long run with the EVO ICL compared to the continued costs of contacts and glasses. Contact us to discuss financing options that may be available for your EVO ICL procedure.
With over 2 million ICLs distributed worldwide, EVO ICL is well-suited for a wide variety of people. Ideal candidates for EVO ICL are aged 21 to 45 with nearsightedness with or without astigmatism and have maintained a stable prescription for at least one year. If you are seeking a solution to decrease or eliminate the cost and frustration of traditional contacts or glasses, EVO ICL may be your answer!
The best way to find out if EVO ICL is a good option for you is to visit Hill Vision Services for a comprehensive refractive consultation. We have three convenient locations in the area: Creve Coeur, Lake St. Louis, and Glen Carbon. Request an appointment to find out if EVO ICL is right for you.